Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Heart Shoes Tilda Mother's Day Card


Hello Sweet Readers,

Well, it's Tuesday and I have a second card to share. I was working on this off an on for a bit and just got it finished. I thought it might make a nice Mother's Day card. It is for sale in my Etsy Shop - A Scrappers Boutique.

Here she is:


The panel on which Tilda has been painted has also been dry embossed with a heart design. Tilda and the embossed paper are all one piece. I realized that it didn't look right where the embossing and the smooth areas met (Remember, they are the same piece of watercolor paper). Something was missing. My sweet cyber friend, Tracy, suggested a border around the smooth section and the heart embossed ares. She thought lace would look nicely. Well, this lace had a straight edge above the string of flowers. I carefully cut off the straight edge thus leaving the string of flowers which were glued around the smooth section. I added a teeny tiny pearl to the center of each flower. Tracy was right - it looked great! I was overthinking the project.

Tracy also suggested an resin figure. I had lots, but most were too large. The bird was a nice fit. An assortment of pretty flowers, butterflies, layers, die cuts, and more frilly lace finished off the look I wanted. Does it look vintage? This is a really cute Tilda! I just love her face and body posture. She is available at Magnolia-licious and is from the Spring Fever Collection. I decided to edge the embossed panel with gathered lace. There are lots of layers and die cuts. I used an assortment of flowers from my stash. I had so much stuff out on my craft table that there was hardly any room for me to work! LOL

The interior, purposely, is not so lavishly finished. I used gorgeous papers that have beautiful images on them. In order to maintain the integrity of the papers, I didn't add much to the inside. I wanted to showcase the papers. The panel on the right is blank for a personal message. The panel on the left is decorative.


Thank you so much for stopping by!



I hope you will return again very soon!

XO,

Chris