Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Magnolia Tilda Pinwheel Birthday Card


Happy first day of September!

How are you today, dearest readers? We had the most wonderful trip to Portland, Oregon, to visit our darling son, sweeter than sweet daughter-in-law, and preciously perfect first grand baby! When she was placed into my arms and I introduced myself to her, SHE SMILED! She was only four weeks old! It was as if she'd been waiting to meet me! My heart melted! Just writing this makes my eyes fill with tears! She is in the 99% for height! The clothes I got in the newborn size were already too small when she was born! LOL. She weighed over 9 lbs! I'm thinking it was 9 1/2 - but I'm not sure. What an angel!

On the way home (1000 miles), we hit smoke from the horrible forest fires in Washington and Oregon. You could taste it. Visibility was quite low. We had smoke all the way into half of Utah. My lungs ached! So much loss! So many forest fighters have their lives on the line when fires like this break out. We made it home with God's help!

Today is Team B's turn to shed some inspiration for cards that have movement - Push, Pull, and Flip/Turn. You can find the deets at the Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog. I chose to make a pinwheel card. This was my very first one! I love how it turned out. That little pinwheel at the top rolls from left to right and back again as you tip the card! How fun for a child to have! Here is the link to the You Tube video that helped me make this: VIDEO Here are some photos of my card:



I love red and yellow together as well as navy blue and yellow together. I was in a red mood, I guess, when this card started to develop into something concrete. LOL I used my Spellbinders die for the scalloped shape of the card. Then, I used my cove dies for the center panel. The two Tildas are older ones - Tilda with Birthday Cake and Tilda with Tag Gifts. I made the present, pinwheel, and birthday hat in matching papers and red glittered card stock. The images have been hand painted. The center panel has been elevated on pop dots so that the pinwheel could move freely.

Here are some additional images:



Here, you can see the flower cluster with the beautiful frosted raspberry.







I hope you like the card I've created! It looks so much better IRL. I just cannot seem to grasp the secret to successful photo taking. If you have a suggestion, please leave it below. I need help, dearest readers!

Magnolia-licious is currently taking pre orders for the adorable, new Boho Chic Magnolia Collection. They are just the cutest images! Diana also has some new Poppy Stamp/Memory Box Holiday Dies. There are some I would so love to have! Check out the new items before they are gone!

Well, that's about it! I hope you like my Pinwheel card.

Now it's your turn! Won't you join the Push, Pull, Flip (card with movement) Challenge? We'd love to see your creations! I tried something new; how about you?

Thank you for stopping by.


By leaving a comment, you may win a special gift from Diana at Magnolia-licious! If you don't join in, you just can't win! LOL



I hope you will return again very soon!

XO,

Chris

3 comments:

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh Golly this card has so many things to look at. I love it all, So bright and cheerful, Love Hazelx

Suzi Mac said...

Wow!! Chris, what a fabulous card this is, so many wonderful details and I just love your choice of Tilda's. You rocked this one sweetie. Hugs n Love. Suzi xx

Anonymous said...

This is really cute. I dont think it looks bare at all. I love the pinwheel and all your embellies.