Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Wee Peggy Stamped Featured Today at Magnolia-licious

Hello from the heat saturated Mojave Desert!

OK, the temperatures for the last five days have ranged from 116° F. (47° C.) to today's high of 113° (45° C.)! I could bake cookies in my car! No kidding! When I was teaching, I had my class assemble S'mores in the classroom. Then, we wrapped them in foil and took them out to my car where I placed the bundles on the back seat window ledge and on the front dashboard. In 15 minutes they were done! The kids loved it! It was a great learning experience!

Today, I have the most delightful Wee Stamps image to share with you. It's called Peggy. I think her face is just so sweet. I wanted to lean toward the vintage style this time. I chose the colors pink, brown, and cream. Here it is:





The little butterflies have been coated with Frantage so they look enameled and sparkle with the gold element of the Frantage. By bending the wings while the Frantage is hot, they cool in the upright position! I added lots of pearls throughout the card. I pulled lots of flowers from my stash. Add a touch of lace and seam binding, and voila!

Wee Peggy is available at Magnolia-licious. Also from Magnolia-licious is:

Leaf and Swirl Die

Doohickey #51 - So Lovely Folded Heart Tag (temporarily out of stock)

Magnolia-licious has the best selection of both mini and standard sized Magnolia Stamps as well as Wee Stamps by Sylvia Zet. If there is something out of stock, just contact Diana. You can't find more personable customer service anywhere on line! Don't forget, with each purchase, you earn 2% store credit. This adds up nicely! What an advantage when you want something and your budget doesn't have room for that purchase! Your accrued credit saves the day! LOL

Thank you so much for stopping by. I so love your visit. I hope you have a wonderful Fourth of July! Stay safe!

XO,

Chris

12 comments:

Nicole said...

OMG Chris, cookies baking in your car????? Incredible. Here in te Netherlands we still didn't see much of the summer. Yesterday it was nice but today we have a lot of rain. Here the temperatures are around 20 degrees.
Well, your card....what can I say?! It's a beauty and soooooo lovely. Love it, Chris. Big hugs, Nicole

Christina C. said...

Gorgeous!!!!! Fantastic coloring and spectacular embellishments!!!

(AJ) ArtJypsy said...

Cute is the only word to describe this little creation. thanks for sharing.

Karen said...

Gorgeous card! I love all the pretty embellishments.

Karen

Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous Chris! I love your choice of colours and papers, the flowers and little tag are perfect, just so pretty my friend
Hugs Julie P

Kelly said...

She is gorgeous! I love your papers and embellishing. Wow you are hot this year, My Aunt lives in NV and is watching the fire in the mountains, just too hot! Keep well during this time.
Hugs Kelly

loz said...

Stunning card and colors Chris..Loz

Aartje said...

Hello Chris, here from a sunny Netherlands I want to say your card is gorgeous, love the colors and all those gorgeous details.
Hugs Aartje

Laura said...

So VERY Pretty! I have my first jar of Frantage on the way. I know I'm way behind the times here but I'm excited to see how it works since artists like you have such great ideas on how to use it.

Laura C.

NPurdum56 said...

Such a pretty card Chris! I love this image. She is adorable! Your color choices are perfect! Way too hot to do anything but crafting!!! :) Nancee

Mary said...

What a gorgeous card! I love the color combination that you used and all the embellishments.

Cordine said...

Gorgeus card Chris!
Hugs
Cordine