Friday, October 12, 2012

Magnolia Tilda with Lovely Jam Card

Hello dear readers,

It is a very cool day here in southern Utah. We had wonderful thunderstorms last night and this morning accompanied with buckets and buckets of rain! It was wonderful! I savor the rain when it comes. We always need the water!

I've been frustrated this week because my eyes are just being sticklers. I get so frustrated when I don't have the ability to make a card. I sat today wearing two pairs of glasses and a headlamp strapped to my head! LOL NOT a pretty sight! I looked like a miner without a mine! (or mind in my case) LOL I just have learned to go with the flow!

If anyone could tell me how I might change the colors of certain words in my messages, please let me know. I have used the same font code for each word that I wanted emphasized. Yet, one is red and the rest are gray. The same code and way of writing it in html was used each time. I don't get why it changed one to red (which is what ALL of them were supposed to be) and left the others in gray. HELP!

I have a card to share with you today. I don't know how the photos will look on your screen as I just couldn't tell their actual quality. Hopefully, you will get the gist. I chose to use Tilda with Lovely Jam. It is available at Magnolia-licious. Here is the LINK. I also used the Magnolia Kitchen stamp for the background. Diana doesn't currently have it in stock in the standard size, but she does have it in the mini size.You may want to check with Diana to see if she's going to get it back in stock.

The flowers on the outside are from Hooked on Craft. I love their flowers! The flowers on the inside are from my stash. I chose to use gorgeous papers on the front panel from my paper supply. I loved combining the purple, olive, and cream together. On the inside, I chose to use papers from Magnolia-licious. I'm sorry, I don't know from which collection they have been taken.

Here are the photos:





I sure wish I had more of that paper! It is just so pretty with the grape clusters and the yellow floral accents touched with the olive. I was so glad I didn't wreck either of the two sheets I had as I didn't have a third sheet as a backup. Ever ruin a sheet? Sometimes, my cutting gets a little wonky! LOL I always make sure I have at least three sheets just in case...

The jam jar has been covered with a clear product so that it looks like glass. I'm unsure what it was, maybe Crystal Accents. I could be wrong, though! LOL

Thank you so much for stopping by! I would love if you left a comment for me. Remember, on the previous post, if you leave a comment, your name will go into the draw for an unused Magnolia tag die (the one with the stars). What can you lose? LOL

Have a wonderful weekend!

Love,

Chris

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

16 comments:

RenateKreativ said...

wow...what a fantastic card, Tilda so lovely.
Hugs Renate

Karen said...

Your card is so beautiful! Your work is always so lovely.

Karen

Candy said...

Oh Chris,
Your card is wonderful !!!
Beautifully coloured and embellished.
I am sorry your eyes are so bad - but honestly I looked closely and your details and colouring are wonderful.
Love all your dies.
Love, Candy

Cathy Lee said...

Cutie Patootie Tilda, Chris. Your card is sweet. I love the colors you used on her. Lovely inside and out.
Hugz,
Cathy Lee

Karen said...

This is gorgeous Chris!!! : )

Anonymous said...

I love the gorgeous flowers, beautifully done Chris inside and out
Hugs Julie P

Unknown said...

I just added your article to our paper...Enjoy!

http://paper.li/f-1346586275#

Karen McDuffie/Unique Women in Business Yahoo Group
http://www.JMJCreations.etsy.com

Rene said...

This is beautiful! These dark colors are so pretty together and the inside is just as sweet!
Rene :D

Suzi Mac said...

Fabulous card Chris, wonderful colour combo and the inside is just as stunning as the front.
Hugs
Suzi x

Frances said...

Chris, your card is adorable, great coloring and design, Thanks for sharing. hugs, Frances.

Unknown said...

Wow absolutely stunning work!!!!! Love the gorgeous scene and the colors too!!!!!

Jean said...

Wow Chris, this card is so beautiful that I see nothing wrong and I am legally blind without my thick glasses, so I understand but this is so beautiful and I hope you will be able to get one of those doctors to find something to fix those eyes up so you won't have the problems you are having, but for now you are still doing just fine. Your deep colors are deep and the correct color and everything is coming out as we think it should be and we will always say so!! Hugs to you Hun, Jean

cathylynn said...

Your minder's hat works quite fine! Wowzers this is one beautiful card. Those die cuts are totally awesome and your coloring is too. I love the DP's. Gorgeous inside and out.
Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

Christina C. said...

Oh my goodness, this is such a luscious card...love the inside every bit as much as the outside! Outstanding work, Chris! Superb job coloring and showcasing this cutie!

Sharon said...

Oh wow Chris, despite the problems you have with your eyes, I find your colouring fabulous and the design of your cards an absolute dream to view. Beautiful work once again. hugs Sharon

cabio's craft corner said...

Cute and delightful card. Love the sweet coloring Chris and you made great use of those sweet dies :o)
Hugs,
Cabio