Sunday, October 28, 2012

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas...

...sort of! At least in the world of card making! LOL

Hello Dear Readers,

How are you today? Are you gearing up for the little munchkins who will be trick-or-treating this week? They are always so cute! The bad thing is that I've already ripped into a bag of mini Mounds Bars! I love coconut and dark chocolate together. Yum! Today, I would like to share with you the card I made as inspiration for the new challenge at Hooked on Craft!

The challenge for this month is to create a Christmas card using nontraditional colors. That means NO red or green! You have from October 29 until November 28 to add your card to the challenge collection! I fell in love with the idea right off the bat! I chose a gorgeous deep blue and white. The blue is a foiled cardstock with a mirror-like finish. Here it is:



I depended on my embossing to set the theme for the card. Then, I chose the colors I wanted to use. I just love how it turned out! The Hooked on Craft Design Team has provided wonderful examples to get your mojo going. Please visit their blogs to see the details on their wonderful creations.

I have used the following products available at Hooked on Craft . Just follow the links to learn more about the products I've used!

Blue Calla Lilies

White Calla Lilies

White Leaves

White Rose

White Water Lilies

White Rosebuds

This challenge will run from October 29 until the 28 of November. Remember, your creation should NOT use red or green! Karen has generously provided a $10 voucher to the Hooked on Craft Store! I could use one of those, how about you? LOL



I hope you will join in this great challenge and even get one of your cards done early!

Thanks for stopping by. Your comments are so appreciated!

XO,

Chris

1 comment:

Frances said...

What a beautiful card, Chris! Love your design, the blue paper, and the gorgeous flowers. hugs, Frances.