Friday, August 19, 2011

Tilda Goes Snorkeling!

Summer has decided to really turn on the heat at a time of the year when the temperatures should be gradually decreasing. We are well over 100° F. The temp inside the car yesterday was 147°! So, we're having July temps in late August! With that being said, Tilda needed to go for a swim. It helped me keep cool to do this card, LOL. I used the new Swimming Tilda (which, I think, should be named Snorkeling Tilda. I had so much fun with this card which has turned out to be one of my very favorites of the Tilda cards I have ever done. Let me know what you think!

Photobucket


Is this cute or what? Does Tilda look like she is under water? That was the effect I was trying to achieve with the microfine glitter. I colored the image with my Copics and then did the covering. I kept the colors to teal, tan, and white with splashes of red, green, and yellow on the stamped image. The papers I chose to use were those, I thought, had a watery feel.


Click on photo above for a larger image, if you wish.

Photobucket


I don't know if the side shot gives you another view of the image. Maybe you can see how the image is so muted.

Photobucket


I had gotten this sand dollar stamp and thought I'd put it to good use on this card. I love, love, love sand dollars. Every summer, for 22 years, we'd head to the Oregon Coast for the summer. We were right on the beach. I'd get up every morning and be the first on the beach to gather up the sand dollars that would wash up over night. There were times when I found well over 100 in one morning! We have a garage full of them, LOL. Every year, I'd give each of my students a sand dollar at some point during the year. They loved getting them. I digress. OK, back to the card. I changed the border punch, added some shell embellishments, and a sentiment made with alpha stickers.

Photobucket


This is the completed inside. I added an area for a personal sentiment which I chose because it resembled a shell.

There you have it! You likey?

Thank you so much for stopping by! You are just the sweetest gals for taking the time! Come back again!

XO,
Chris

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

All That Scraps Blog #13 (ends 9/16) - Stretch Your Imagination
Colour Create Challenge Blog #77 (ends 8/24) - Color Challenge
Crafts and Me Challenges - #48 (ends 8/24) - Blues and Blue Greens
My Mum's Craft Shop #19 (ends 8/23) - Summertime
Scrapbook Sisters #48 (ends 8/23 ) - Blue
Clear It Out Challenge Blog (ends 8/29) - Glitter
Deep Ocean Challenge Blog #6 (ends 8/28 ) - Light Blue
My Time to Craft Challenges #153 - "G" is for...
Papertake Weekly - Bingo (I chose center, vertical column)
Shopping Our Stash #13 (ends 8/22) - Weakest Link (for me, It's Magnolia Stamps)
Tuesday Throwdown #62 (ends 8/22) - Non-stamped Sentiment




42 comments:

Peggie said...

Tilda looks very cool in the glitter. I don't know why I can only see one picture but I sure like what I see.

Paula said...

Great card! I love the "glitter" effect you did to get the water look - pure genius!! The layout, the colors, the embellies are all wonderful! Love it :)

justme1972 said...

OMG that is CUTE!!!!!!!! Love the card!!!

hugs,
justme1972
laura

RenateKreativ said...

Beautiful card, I love your papers, great job.
Have a wonderful weekend
Hugs Renate

Suzi Mac said...

Hi Chris, this is just so cute, love the sweet image and your bubbles around her. Colour combo and design are perfect.
Hugs
Suzi x

Christina C. said...

Oh my goodness, my friend, what a great card.....love the inside as much as the outside! Beautiful work!
Yes, indeed, that glitter does give the desired effect!

Anonymous said...

Oh wow!! I just LOVE all of the glitter...makes Tilda look like she is under the sparkly water!! So adorable!! ;)

Rene said...

Wowza! This is just an amazing card!!! And I agree, she SHOULD be snorkeling Tilda! Just wonderful...especially the way it looks as if she really is swimming!
Rene :D

Karen said...

This is adorable! : )

Sharon Caudle said...

Absoluteluy fabulous, Chris! I love the papers nd colors you used! They're perfect for a water themed card. Tilda is so cute and love all your borders and embellishments! Gorgeous card!!!
hugs, Sharon

Sharon Caudle said...

Absoluteluy fabulous, Chris! I love the papers nd colors you used! They're perfect for a water themed card. Tilda is so cute and love all your borders and embellishments! Gorgeous card!!!
hugs, Sharon

Barb Hardeman said...

Me likey!!! Beautiful job on this Tilda Swimming card Chris! I love the way you have her look like she's really under water - oh so clever you are...Love the borders on the inside and the real sand dollar!! Awesome work...hugs...Barb

Corinne said...

Very nice...love how it looks like Tilda is under water. You did a fab job on your card.
Hugs~
Corinne

Rhonda Miller said...

How cute.

Anonymous said...

I looove this card, it's so pretty! Tilda does look like she is underwater~! I love how you designed the inside too =)

Karen said...

This is awesome! I love what you did with the water. Very nice...

Unknown said...

Wow it really looks like she is in the water!!!! Fabulous again Chris!!!! Those colors wow absolutely gorgeous!!!!! Excellent work again!!!!!!

Rosie said...

That is so awesome girl! I definitely have to try the micro-fine glitter technique! Hey I used those orange and black pearls you sent me on my current Tilda card...definitely came in handy! Love ya! Rosie

Chris said...

Awesome card Chris. You definitely achieved the look of Tilda being under water. Very clever!

Jackie Thomas said...

Oh my goodness Chris, this card is amazing! I love the effect the fine glitter gives. It really does look like she's underwater. I just love how you put your cards together. The inside is just as beautiful as the front. You are one incredibly talented gal!
Huge hugs to you my friend xo

paola said...

FABULOUS!! from paper choice to all the details you sure did a marvellous job on her, she looks like she is really under water and i love the shell details you used on the inside, you are so clever
smiles
Paola

Cordine said...

It's gorgeous!
HUgs
Cordine

Pam Sparks said...

Very cool Chris! I've done this with micro fine beads too...I should try it with her! So cute! She's a sparkly doll! Check out the
All That Scraps Magnolia challenge ... it's Stretch Your Imagination this time and I think your Tilda works for it!

Elle said...

I like the glitter. This is the coolest stamp! Great job.

Jean said...

Oh YES Chris, I like... love everything about this card... bling is the thing! love the underwater look of Tilda and all the work you put into the little extras that make the card so special.. the inside is so beautiful also.. a great job..
Hugs, Jean

Unknown said...

just too cute, thanks for joining us at Clear IT OUt

cebelica said...

What a wonderful summer card. I love it! Great idea with the glitters. It sure looks like Tildaisunder the water. Thanks for playing with us at MMCS this week!

Sandy said...

I have decided you are a genius!! This Tilda is my absolute favorite. So much fun and I love swimming and snorkeling. Fantastic work - you are so creative and everything you picked out to do with this image was absolutely perfect - perfect I tell you!!!!!!!!!
Sandy

Danielle Champagne said...

OH! MY MY I loooooooooove it.
Your card is fabulous Chris. I just love how you colored Tilda, and make believe she is under water. The inside is gorgeous too.
Hugs.

Unknown said...

Cute!! The microfine glitter just makes this card. Thanks for playing along with Tuesday Throwdown.

Only By His Grace said...

Wow Chris! what a fabulous job you did on this card. I love it.
Big hugs maz

Patti Jo said...

Love it with the glitter covering! Great idea Chris and the card turned beautifully! Well done!!!

Unknown said...

here in Italy we have almost the same temperature... we all need a good swim day!!!
such a beautiful card... you work hard, girl... love the underwater effect, she looks to enjoying her bath!!!
thank for sharing it to us at Deep Ocean Challenge
hugs

Betsy said...

I love how you used the glitter. And the border punches are really great with your card theme!

Anonymous said...

This is lovely and such a lot of work. The punch around the edges is just perfect for your design, Great job
Hugs Julie P

Lesley said...

Cute card, Tilda looks very sparkly! Thanks for taking part in the MTTC challenge xx

Sharon said...

Agreed, she should be renamed Snorkeling Tilda. A beautiful effort by you Chris. So love this card. hugs Sharon

Anonymous said...

Oh wow this is such an awesome card Chris! Love all the die cuts and punches you used to coordinate your theme. I have to find that shells border punch you used. Totally gorgeous!! big hugs, Angela

Liz's creative corner said...

Thanks so much for joining us at colour create with this gorgeous card for my colour challenge, hugs Liz xx

CarlaKH said...

oohh love the glitter on this! Fabulous! Thanks for joining us at SOS!

cabio's craft corner said...

Beautiful card and I especially love the sparkly effect. Funny I just colored this image last night, but I haven't decided what to use it for yet. Thanks for the inspirations :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Louise said...

Such a stunningly cute project, love the image :) Papers are awesome too
Thank you so much for joining us at DOC this fortnight :)
Welcome back!

Hugs, Louise