Thursday, July 28, 2011

Tilda's Out of This World!

Good morning everyone,

I have a fun Tilda card to share with you today that I made when my Magnolia Club Kit first arrived. I held back sharing it because I didn't think it was very good. It wasn't girly enough. I was torn because the astronaut was a girl and the theme was more boyish. So, I just put it aside. I didn't even put it up on Etsy. So, I'm swallowing hard and hoping that you will enjoy it (or learn from my mistakes, LOL).

I kept the cardstock navy, yellow, and red. On the card's cover, I created the frame using my Nestie dies. Then, I popped up the frame so that Tilda could sit on the edge. Someof the papers are glittery while others are shiny or just plain. On the front, I used plain and shiny papers. I had the silver stars already, so they got put to good use. I took the sentiment and backed it on navy blue glittered cardstock. Tilda's little helmet was lined in Crystal Stickles.

Photobucket


I chose to make the inside playful. I used a rustic pointillism technique for both of the moons. The paper on both the top and bottom have glossy elements printed on them. I added red and orange Stickles to the flames coming from the rocket ship as well as adding crystal Stickles to the porthole. For the bottom section I repeated the frame I used on the front panel. I also added the same silver glittered stars and a cute little gel rocket.

Photobucket


Thank you so much for stopping by. I am so glad you visited! You are such sweethearts for doing so. I hope you will come back soon.

XO,
Chris

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

1. Scrapbook Sisters - Birthday

2. Ladybug Crafts Ink - Summer Birthday

3. Clear It Out Challenge - Anything Goes (I used the stars and ribbon from my stash)

4. Totally Stampalicious - Anything Goes

5. Magnolia Down Under - 3 D (my frame, Tilda, and sentiment are elevated. Inside my card, the rocket ship is elevated, too)

6. Catered Crop #FTR17 - Recipe (I chose the following:Colors - blue, red, white; Stamps & Stickers - sentiment, science subject (space); Patterns - scallops; Embellishments - glitter, ribbon, buttons (stars), rhinestone stars, stickers); Tools - die cut shapes; Theme - birthday

7. Wags n' Whiskers Stamps - Buttons & Bows (my silver stars are buttons covered with glitter)

32 comments:

paola said...

This is gorgeous, i love that paper with all those planets on it, and those big planets with the craters is so perfect, i am thoroughly loving visiting your blog these days sweets, you always seem to have these fab ideas up your sleeve, perhaps a few of them will rub off on me as i have been so uninspiring of late. TFS
smiles
Paola

Candy said...

Hi Chris,
Ohhh - what a great card!
Your paper is just perfect :o)
Love the design of your card and your embellishments.
Tilda looks great in her 'outer space suit'.
Hugs,s Candy

Suzi Mac said...

Another fabulous card Chris, Love the papers, easel is my fav style and sweet Tilda is adorable.
Hugs
Suzi x

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card Chris! Love the DP, it's just perfect for your images! Great work
Hugs Julie P

Rene said...

How PERFECT is that paper?!?! Seriously, it's perfect!!!!
Just a super cheery and fun card! I really need to ink up my kit...it's so sad that I haven't touched it yet! Agh!
Rene ;D

Christina C. said...

OMG...what a super job you did coloring and showcasing this Tilda!
Sheer perfection, my dear!!!
Gorgeous papers and fabulous design work!

Barb Hardeman said...

Don't ever be afraid to post your work!!! This is fabulous and what a fun card! Love the planet paper and the shiny stuff! Sitting Tilda on the edge of your frame is such a cute idea. You always amaze me with the way you get creative with your images and embellies! Great work my dear friend...hugs...Barb

Myrna said...

LOVE IT Chris!!! Your papers are perfect for this theme! Super card!

Unknown said...

its gorgeous, thanks for sharing with us at Clear It Out

Jackie Thomas said...

What were you worried about Chris? This is literally "out of this world". Wow.. You've done an amazing job again. I wish I had your attention to detail, you always blow me away with your creativity.
Huge hugs to you my friend.
xo Jackie

Unknown said...

Chris this is out of this worl!!!!!Absolutely stunning!!!! Wow you got a lot of talent lady!!!! Keep it up!!!!!

Linda McClain said...

Oh my, my, my. What a great card. It's like three cards in one. Love it! Thanks for sharing it with us at Catered Crop.

Suzanne J Dean said...

Super sweet--love the cheery colors and space theme! She's a cutie and you did a fab job, you should be PROUD of her!

hugz,
Suzanne

Cami said...

Chris, this card is so cute and you have used these stamps in such a fun way! Love your card inside and out! Fabby papers and coloring!
Hugs, Cami

Kruemel said...

What a great card! Love your coloring and that beautiful scene you made.

Thanks for joining us at MDUC this week!

Hugs,
Kathrin aka Kruemel

Elle said...

I really like this card! The dp and design you made is stupendous.

Debbie Dolphin said...

Sooooo gorgeous. Fab papers too. They go perfectly with these stamps xx
Thankyou so much for playing along with us at MDUC
love Debbie xxx

Danielle Champagne said...

Hello Chris, Wow! such a lovely card with this Tilda. You shocased her wonderfully, I love the paper you have used, and the cute scene you created. Beautiful.
Hugs.

Lisette Morris said...

WOW!! Awesome card! Love everything about it! Great job!

Amanda R said...

So cute and I love how you decorated the inside, very well done! Thanks for playing along with us at LCI!

Rhonda Miller said...

So cute.

Jean said...

Oh goodness Chris, this is so very adorable.. I love Tilda and she is litterly "out of this world. I love your pp choices and the layout is so devine.. the inside is so gorgeous and all so colorful... a darling card.
Hugs, Jean

charlene said...

Very cute love the paper
Hugs

pinky said...

BRILLIANT! Thanks for playing along at LCI this month.
Pinky

Kerry said...

This is such a great card Chris..I'm so glad you decided to shared it. Tilda looks so happy in space :-D Thanks for joining in the fun at LCI this month xx

Christine said...

This is really cute, Chris! I don't think it's too masculine for Tilda, some girls aren't into 'girly', so this would be perfect for them. I love how you did the inside!

Sandy said...

You're the one that is out of this world pretty Lady. This is such a fun card Chris - I love watching the master at work. Speaking of masters, I cooked a meal the other night that when we sat down to eat it I though -"Chris would be so proud of me!"
Big Hugs
Sandy

Hélène said...

It's not a easy one you have a lot of imagination for the design .Gorgeous card!
Helene

Annita said...

sooo fun !!! love your BEAUTIUL card sweetie !!

write me when you can.
Hugs your friend

NGCARDS said...

Wow a great funky card hun! xxx

Sharon Caudle said...

Oh my gosh, hon!!! Why in the world would you hold this back! I love it!!! I think Astronaut Tilda is adorable and you've used her perfectly on this brilliant card! And the inside is just as fabulous as the card front! You're amazing, Chris! And don't you forget that! Don't EVER be afraid to post your work! Silly, silly girl! :)
hugs, Sharon

cabio's craft corner said...

Cute cute cute card Chris. Love the sweet and fun embellishment details. Super cheerful and I especially love the sparkly stars :o)
Hugs,
Cabio