Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Love is in the Air

Are you ready for this month's holiday? What do you have planned? We have reservations, but for some reason, I want to stay home. I have goodies in the freezer that would make a very romantic dinner. DH wants to go out to a steakhouse. It's his day, too, so we'll probably go out. I just know that I'll eat too many bad things, LOL. You see, the restaurant is fun - you start out with a cheese fondue. Next comes the salad. This is followed by cooking your steak on your own lava rock placed in front of you. The dinner is completed with a chocolate fondue. Now, you know why I want to stay home.....

I have a Never Ending card to share with you today. It's my first attempt. I have to say that the photos aren't that hot. I did go and get a frog for future photos, but these were already taken and I didn't want to retake them. I had fun with it, though. I used a variety of Magnolia stamps as well as other embellishments. This is the card I'll be giving to my sweet husband. The sentiment will go on the page with the circles. Here are the photos:

This is the cover of the card. The papers are so pretty in that there is a subtle sheen. The flowers sparkle. I used a mini Tilda stamp, Tilda with Hearts, available at Magnolia-licious. The bunny stamp is an older Magnolia which I always though was so cute! It's one of the first I ever got many years ago, LOL.



Page two is where I will write a personal message to my sweetheart. The glittery paper is "sugar coated" and sparkles so nicely. I used epoxy stickers and punched hearts from my stash.



The next page features another mini as well as additional Magnolia stamps. I apologize for the horrible photo. The card looks so much better in real life. My stamped images do NOT look all splotchy and the colors are very even and graduated. I did place a piece of clear packaging over the surface of the candy jar so that it looks like the cookies are behind glass. The embellishments are elevated.



For the final page, I used a Magnolia doohickey tag die. There are also some smaller epoxy stickers as well as punched shapes (heart and squares). All stamped images have been colored with distress inks.




I'll be submitting this card to the following challenges:

All That Scraps - Queen of Hearts
Totally Tilda- Tilda w/ Lots of Hearts
7 Kids College Fund Challenge Blog - I {heart} You
Stamptacular Sunday Challenge #97 - Hearts Gone Wild!
Crafter's Companion Monthly Challenge - Romance
A Spoonfull of Sugar - Just Show Some Love
PapertakeWeekly - Have a Heart
Stamping Scrapping Challenge Central - Valentine's

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and tolerating my horrid photos of my never ending card! I so appreciate your visits!

Blessings,
Chris

37 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fabulous work Chris! Love your combo of stamps, papers and elements! Wonderful!
Pam Going Postal

Barb Hardeman said...

Hi Chris! Aren't these cards fun? You've done a fabulous job putting yours together. I'm sure your hubby will be thrilled with your efforts. Your images are so adorable...so well colored and beautifully matched with your sentiments. Great job...hugs...Barb

Rene said...

Oh how pretty! Love your colors, papers and (of course) Tildas! I am going to have to find that bunny one...just fantastic! Great job and have fun indulging at the steakhouse!
Rene :D

Suzanne J Dean said...

Oh so fabulous and cute Chris! Barb showed me how to do this at CHA but I'm still a bit scared, LOL! Love your Valentine's version with all those cute mini's--beautiful!

hugz,
Suzanne

Rosie said...

Ooooh Chris, this is awesome! I've been meaning to give it a try, but it looks a little intimidating. Love your papers and how you put everything together! Hugs, Rosemary

paola said...

WOW! Chris what a lotta love went into this, very well thought out and put together to create a truly loving valentine.
smiles
Paola

Christina C. said...

Wow, Chris, this is new to me! Looks like a lot of work! Very lovely and intriguing...will have to look that up!

Pen to Paper said...

Chris this is very cool! Is it from Lili of the Valley? I've seen some blank never ending cards there. Yours came out really cool!

Hugs,

Jackie

Sandy said...

Hey Chris -- what a wonderful project and believe me, I think a never ending card is a project!! It is fabulous Chris! You have been busy my friend and the results are wonderful!!
Sandy

Myrna said...

Oh Chris, this is beautiful!!! What a lot of work that was! Love it! Ok, I have to ask just what is a frog and what does it have to do with pictures????

Card Crazy said...

That is incredible. So much work and each section is so pretty. Wonderful combination of images and embellies. Maybe someday I'll get up the nerve!
Sue S.

annieb said...

Lots of work went into this card, and it show. TFS
Wishing out loud that there was a really good tutorial on how to make these cards, I'd love to try.

Tammy said...

WOW WOW WOW...that is one awesome card!! It looks really hard!! You have done an amazing job on every aspect of this fabby card!!

Thank you for playing along with us at 7KCF and hope to see you again!

Lisa said...

So precious! Thanks for joining us for the 7 Kid's College Fund Challenge!

Lori Aragon said...

Wow Chris! This looks like a lot of work!! Your hubby is gonna go nuts over it :)

You've put everything together so well - the images, the paper and embellishments... so very pretty!

Suzi said...

Your card if fantastic! I love the combinations of colors, stamps, paper and embellishments.

Cassy said...

Beautiful! Everything co-ordinates perfectly! Lovely job. I'm sure it's just STUNNING in person!
:o)
Cassy

Trisha said...

What a beautiful creeation! Love all the details you put into this and you used such pretty papers!It's terrific!! Thanks for playing at Totally Tilda! xox Trisha

Pam said...

Hi Chris....gorgeous creation....love all the images and papers you picked to use.
Hugs from Indiana,
Pam:)

Jean said...

Hello Chris... very nice card.. lots of work.. but for a great cause.. looks great and glad you matched everything so well like you did...
I only want to know one thing, did you ever let Edwin out of the cage???
Hugs, Jean

Sharon Caudle said...

Chris, this card is fantastic! Your coloring is fantastic. Wow, these look like so much work! It's a present all in itself for your dear hubby!! Whether you go out, or stay in for Valentine's Day, I hope you have a wonderful time!!
big hugs!

Deana said...

Really pretty! This is definitely a work of both art and heart.

Jane H said...

I've been wanting to try one of the never ending but haven't gotten brave enough yet. Yours is beautiful!!!!

Anonymous said...

Phew!!! this seems like a lot of work Chris...(can you tell I have never made one either) You have done a fantastic job on it and I'm sure your DH will love it. Well done.
hugs

Mascha Zimmerman said...

Great card you made, endles and a lot of work to.LOL They images together so nice, bye Mascha

Anonymous said...

Beautiful work Chris! Lots of great embellies and beautiful coloring! I bet your DH will love it =)
hugs,
Shell

Leslie Anne Avila said...

Chris,
Wow, this is a fabulous never ending card? This definitely looks like it would take some time to create! Beautiful and wonderfully made.
Blessings to you~
Leslie

Anonymous said...

Oh that is gorgeous! Looks like so much work Chris but it really paid off in a beautiful and interesting card! Love your images and coloring! Beautiful bright colors! Fabulous work! hugs, Angela

Kelly said...

Wow, this is awesome and you have alot of work into this card. I think it is really pretty.

Lisette Morris said...

WOW!! I have never seen one of these cards! Such fun and gorgeous! Great Job!

Unknown said...

WOW These are so cute! Love all the extra bits all over and the secret compartments COOOOOL!

Thanks for joining us at Totally Tilda challenges!

xo!

charlene said...

Chris you have done a awesome little card here....I have yet to try one of these. Great papers
Hugs

Becca said...

Wow, Chris! This is fantastic! The amount of time and love you've spent on this card will surely not go unmissed by your DH. Everything just flows so well. Love it! Hugs, Becca

Laura-Lee said...

You just popped into my mind and I had to stop everything and find your blog. Miss you. Hope you are well and are keeping busy with your wonderful scrappy projects. Your work with the copics is beautiful! Nice work Chris! I love the valentines cards your made, the pictures aren't so bad. The one with the little cage is really cute..love your work...you take care.

Zoe said...

Can you see I am in catch up mode!! A moment to breath and I am blogging! heehee Now this card is something special. I have never tried this type of fold and wow it looks complicated!! I don't know if I have the patience to try and match all those papers but you did a fabulous job! hugs xxoo

Anonymous said...

I already commented Chris but I wanted to add... So glad you linked up to the ATS Magnolia Queen of Hearts challenge! Thanks for playing.
Pam Going Postal

Janette said...

Holy cow, this is a fabulous project! You did an amazing job. Thanks for joining us at 7 kids.