Monday, June 28, 2010

S'mores on the Dashboard!

Well, it's that time of the year! It's time to make s'mores on the dashboard of the car! It's currently 105° outside - perfect baking temperature! All you need to do is arrange the ingredients the way you would normally prepare s'mores. Then, wrap the s'more very carefully in aluminum foil. Make sure that you do this very well as you don't want a mess on your car's dash! Seal those edges! Park the car so that the sun shines through the windshield. Place the packet on the dash under your windshield, close the windows, and then go away for about 15 minutes. Return and check for doneness! I guess that is one advantage to living in the desert, right? Do you think the heat has gotten to my mind? LOL

After a long and arduous task, my scrap room is now back in working order. DH and I spent days putting things back. How did I ever get all of that stuff in there? I think it multiplied once it was set free in the more spacious confines of our home's other rooms! I know there are things I cannot find, but, you know what? I don't care. I was so tired of replacing and reorganizing that I actually thought it would be easier to just throw it all out and start over again! At least it's very clean and everything is in its place (for the time being).

Feline Frenzy News: Precious, our Maine Coon, never growled. She was always so loving and caring. Now that we got her a companion, Cedar, she is always growling at Cedar and whacking her. I feel so badly because Cedar doesn't see very well. She runs into walls, doesn't see food, and just has a hard time tracking. Can a cat be far sighted? She would never survive in the wild. She would never be able to catch food. Cedar, at last check, weighted 2.8 lbs. Precious, at last check, weighed 14 lbs. Cedar will take a flying leap at Precious and knock Precious right over! It is hilarious. What is NOT hilarious is waking up to growling in the middle of the night or early in the morning. Cedar is pretty scrappy. I give her credit. She is NOT intimidated by the larger cat. As large as Precious is, Cedar is very thin and long. Her legs are sooooo long! Her body looks like an eel's when she is flat. She's not quite three months old, but is amazing long. About a month ago, we would be afraid to wake up in the morning because we didn't want to see her tail! It was growing by leaps and bounds. Her body was so small and her tail was so long! We felt if we watched carefully, we'd be able to actually see it grow! Even Cedar didn't know what to do with it. Now that her body is getting larger, she is becoming more proportioned (except her really long, thin legs).

I did a LO over the weekend. The challenge was to use orange, yellow, teal, lime green. I immediately knew what paper to use! There is a glittery finish to the word "carefree," the sun, the flowers to the left of the photo, the trim at the lower right. When I took the photo using the flash, I got flashback. I had to take the photo without the flash and lost all visuals of the sparkle. Here it is:

Photobucket
Our Carefree Summer Days

Thank you for stopping by! It is just wonderful to have visitors that are the sweetest on Earth!

Blessings,
Chris


No comments: