Sunday, December 14, 2008

Christmas Cards to Share

Oh, we're supposed to get snow tomorrow! I am soooooooo excited! I feel like I'm 10 again! The anticipation, the beauty, the feeling of Christmas! I so hope that the storm holds true and we get the 3 - 5 inches that are predicted!

I've been making cards. I thought I'd share some with you.

The first one is of DH when he was sooooo little. This photograph just places a huge lump in my throat! The innocence in DH's face. Santa looks so real. We're sending this card to DH's dad as his Christmas card. I think he'll like it. I tried to make it vintage looking by using vintage colors with gold. What do you think?

Photobucket


This card uses a Tilda stamp. I am so in love with these little characters! Her pants are a rust color, but for some reason, they don't look brown, but a dark red. Oh well. I used some old BG PP for the matting. I love the vivid colors. I also placed her on pop dots so that she stands out from the card.

Photobucket


This is a Pageframe Design clear acrylic card. (See Happy Scrappin' link) I apologize for the yellow look, but if I used a flash, it would create a glare. So, I had to take the photo without the flash. I used a clear sticker on the front of the card as well as some "snow" effects. The bird, leaves, and branch are all silver. It is so pretty. Then, on the inside, I added the sentiment and a ribbon w/ snowflake brad. I like the dimension I achieved.

Photobucket


This is another Magnolia stamp. I thought this Santa was so cute. He's on pop dots so that there is some dimension to the front of the card. The colors are so rich.

Photobucket


Another cutie patootie Magnolia stamp. The simplicity is so wonderful. I embossed the back mat using a Cuttlebug embossing folder entitled Snow drops.

Photobucket


Here is Tilda holding a Christmas wreath. If you look closely, you can see that I embossed the back mat using my Cuttlebug "Winter House" embossing folder.

Photobucket


This card is dark green, but it looks black. I embossed gold paper with the Cuttlebug Christmas ornament embossing folder.All of these folders are available at Happy Scrappin'. I took some colored rhinestones and glued them to some of the depressions in the foil. I wanted to add a bit of sparkle and a bit of color. I used red, green, blue, and clear rhinestones. Then, I remembered I had these beautiful gold pointsettia Primas. I used that to cover the knot in the bow.

Photobucket


And now for a single layout! This is one of DH's favorite photos of himself and our son. I tried to keep with the rusts and navy blues found in the photo. My guys went for a hike at Zion National Park. There had been a snowstorm the day before. If you look closely, you can see a snow plop on DS's hat and wet drip marks on DH's jacket! I used copper elements to keep the LO very masculine. This is one of my very favorite color schemes. I did some stitching around the edges of the PPs. The alphas are navy blue felt Thickers. TFL!

Photobucket

Father & Son


Thank you for stopping by! I hope I get some snow photos to share. **keeping my fingers and toes crossed** I am so glad you took the time to visit!

XO

Chris

3 comments:

twinkle teaches said...

I love your cards! They are great inspiration. I hope you get your snow pics! I am hoping it snows here,too (Oklahoma), so I can get some pics!
tina :)

Kerry said...

Hi Chris,

I am confused (doesn't take much. LOL)Are you in Las Vegas now or Utah?
Great snowy pictures. We had snow near us in Aus this winter, just for one day but we headed up the mountain and had a snowball fight. Great fun!

Karen Reichel said...

Beautiful stuff Chris!